The New Testament provides a proliferation of verses about kindness, especially what it should look like in us. When the Holy Spirit controls our lives, she will produce fruit easily recognizeable as traits of kindness...goodness, gentleness and kindness. Here is where we see that definition in the Greek - chrestotes - moral goodness, integrity with gentleness.
A myriad of verses demonstrate how to gain kindness and develop the character trait in us:
- Apply the benefits of God's promises in your life...which will result in kindness.
- Have an eagerness, real zeal, towards love, favor for others and mercy for anyone.
- Wear the garment of compassion and kindness.
- Be especially kind to those who are loyal.
- Help the sick.
- Be ready to provide an immediate response to need.
- Provide companionship and sustenance.
- Be welcoming.
- Be slow to avenge a wrong.
- Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them and don't be concerned that they might not repay. (Then your reward in heaven will be great...)