If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion - how can the love of God be in that person?
Dear ones, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God.
1 John 3:17-19
Compassion rules the day, when it comes to God. Love is the hallmark of the Christ way! Sharing out of your plenty is always a good course. This is because love is not a theory, not just a good idea. It is a lifestyle.
Make love your way of life. Love in deed: make it your business, your product, an act of labor. And make it the basis that represents the truth about your life with Christ. This truth is a visible reality that is objectively seen and is done with excellence, candor and with purity. It seeks not its own extolment - just love's cause. It is an honest presentation of the love in the heart of a person.
Let there be no doubt what feeds and drives your life. God's love in you makes it possible for your to purely love others, for you cannot give what you do not have for yourself. So, if you want to love others well, garner the love of God thoroughly for yourself:
- Let your roots grow down into God's love (Eph 3:17)
- Have the power to undersand how wide, long, high and deep God's love is. (Eph 3:18)
- Seek Christ's love with faithfulness. (Eph 6: 23, 24)
- Receive the Holy Spirit, which God intended to use to fill our hearts with his love. (Romans 5:5)
- See the proof of God's love for us in that God sent Christ to die for us, while we were yet sinners. (Romans 5:8)
- Fear nothing! Love wins over all earthly powers! Rest in the triumph of love! (Romans 8:38, 39)
When God's love is completed in you, your love for others will be complete.